Monday, October 15, 2007

West Bengal

West Bengal is an amazing place. You go to Kolkatta and everything looks run down. Then you go to the villages and you see lush green paddy fields and curving lanes lined with ponds...and the village looks so different from what one is used to. Many of the photos on this trip were not taken by me for the simple reason that my colleague's camera went kaput and she wanted to take pictures so I allowed her to use mine. A very rare gesture I must say as I am not a person who will lend my camera in general.

Therefore unfortunately I do not have the picture I would have loved to have but I know I will have more opportunities to go to West Bengal and will take pictures to my heart's content. Of Kolkatta I have very few pictures and none of them great.

We went to Bolpur which has the famous Shantiniketan there (the arts university set up by Rabindranath Tagore). They have fantastic handicrafts there...the leather bags, batik work and kantha embroidery.....

For some strange reason I cannot upload my photos...so photos will come when I figure out what is wrong.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?